We now have over 600 graduates of the Yoga Assets and University of Utah Teacher Training Programs. It’s time for a reunion! Please join us to reunite with your classmates, attend workshops with all of the Yoga Assets trainers, get CECs, and become part of the larger Yoga Assets community. We call it “Meet Your Cousins”
Location: Meet Me on 33rd (1565 East 3300 South)
Saturday September 14th-8am to 5pm ($69 for a whole day of learning and 6 CEUs)
*Once registered, you will be able to select your three sessions on a “first come” basis
7:30-8 Arrive, check in, light breakfast
8-8:30 Welcome and Morning Activity
8:45 to 10:45am Morning Sessions
- New Yoga Assets Practicum Review with Amy Davis
- Review the new Yoga Assets postural assessment, and use the information to create better body cues, individualize poses, and assist yogis in your class.
- Yoga for Seniors with Denise Druce
- Learn to construct a safe and accessible yoga class using both a mat and a chair, and how to make your classes a YES for your students who are aging.
- Yoga Sutras for Life with Shelley Dawson
- If you have struggled with the Sutras, come and learn how applicable this wisdom is in our every day life. Take the old and turn it into something new!
11-1 Midday Sessions
- Sthira/Sukha off the mat with Amy Davis and Shelley Dawson
- Steady/Sweet. Dark/Llight. Good/Bad. Soft/Hard. Practice with us as we dive into finding, creating, and EmBracing and living this balancing act we call life.
- Grounding and Earthing with Cynthia Wand
As we come together on the day of the September Full Moon, let’s honor it with a unique and celebratory Full Moon practice that you can bring into your life and to your students.
- Yoga for a Healthy Back…Build Your Own Workshop with Denise Druce
- Back care is a major reason people are coming to yoga. In this session we will do a back-healthy practice, and help you create your own healthy back workshop.
1-2 Lunch and Networking (on your own, many nearby options or bring a lunch)
2-2:45 Community Meeting (Updates to the Yoga Assets Curriculum with Denise)
3-5pm Afternoon Sessions
- Sprinkles! Using Yoga Assets New Flash Cards with Whitney Rasmussen
- Helping you set up a creative flow by using Yoga Assets flash cards, creating themes and helpful tips to add your sprinkles into the Vanilla class.
- HeartLife Model with Cynthia Wand
- Join Cynthia for a peak inside her “HEART-LIFE” Coaching body of work for personal transformation and how it aligns with the yogic path. Pranayama and Heart Opening Asana included.
- Step Up, Step Out, Step Through with Milton Monson
- Whether it’s a minor set back or life changing news, learn how to take a powerful first step back onto your life’s path.