This training will help you empower students and teachers with yoga and mindfulness inspired exercises that promote lifetime wellness. We aim to make yoga available and accessible in all schools so that everyone in the educational setting can develop body-mind awareness and the ability to nurture their own well-being.
Introducing children to yoga at an early age can help them learn healthy lifestyle habits and set the foundation for a fit future. Whether you’re a yoga teacher, a traditional teacher in the education system, or a parent, this four-day virtual and live training will provide you with the tools and information you need to lead a kid-friendly yoga class and help kids live healthier, happier lives.
Join Denise Druce for a Hybrid program, in-person and on Zoom.
Thursday August 11 through Sunday August 14, 2022
4 full days, 9am to 5pm
Explore ways to get kids more active through helping them fall in love with yoga.
Our Kids Need Yoga!
- More and more schools are discovering the benefits of teaching yoga and mindfulness to our youth
- We will spend a whole day looking at how teaching to kids is different than teaching to adult learners
- We will give you tools to help kids improve focus, social interactions, self-esteem, decision making and problem solving, while helping them decrease stress and anxiety
- You will receive a “Yoga in Schools Specialist” Certificate, plus 30 CECs for Yoga Alliance.
Instructor: Denise Druce MPH, C-IAYT, E-RYT500
AND…if you are a yoga teacher, you will receive 30 Yoga Alliance CEUs.
- 9am check in
- 9:30 Playful Practices for kids of all ages
- 10:30 Break
- 10:45-12:30pm Discussion
- 12:30-1:30pm Lunch with optional networking
- 1:30-3:30pm Afternoon Session and Break
- 3:30-4:30pm Afternoon movement and meditation
- 4:30-5pm Close