Introducing children to yoga at an early age can help them learn healthy lifestyle habits and set the foundation for a fit future. Whether you’re a yoga teacher, a traditional teacher in the education system, or a parent, this all-day virtual training will provide you with the tools and information you need to lead a kid-friendly yoga class and help kids live healthier, happier lives.
Join Denise Druce online Saturday August 8th from 9am to 5pm and explore ways to get kids more active through helping them fall in love with yoga.
Our Kids Need Yoga!
- More and more schools are discovering the benefits of teaching yoga and mindfulness to our youth
- We will spend a whole day looking at how teaching to kids is different than teaching to adult learners
- We will give you tools to help kids improve focus, social interactions, self-esteem, decision making and problem solving, while helping them decrease stress and anxiety
Date: Saturday August 8th, 2020
Time: 9am to 5pm *please log in early to greet, check in and get settled*
Location: Zoom (after you register you will receive the zoom link to join)
- 9am check in and introductions
- 9:30 Playful Practice for kids of all ages
- 10:30 Break
- 10:45-12:30pm Discussion: Why, Where, and How to get yoga to kids. The research and the recommendations.
- 12:30-1:30pm Lunch with optional networking
- 1:30-3:30pm Creating yoga and mindfulness practices for kids of all ages. Participants will come away with a manual full of options for creating simple breathing, movement and mindfulness activities for kids, as well as teach a full kids class.
- 3:30-4:30pm Afternoon movement and meditation
- 4:30-5pm Close