Introducing children to yoga at an early age can help them learn healthy lifestyle habits and set the foundation for a fit future. Whether you’re a yoga teacher, a traditional teacher in the education system, or a parent, this all-day training will provide you with the tools and information you need to lead a kid-friendly yoga class and help kids live healthier, happier lives.
Join Denise Druce on Sunday March 17th from 9am to 6pm and explore ways to get kids more active through helping them fall in love with yoga.
Date: Saturday March 17th, 2019
Time: 9am to 6pm *please arrive early to check in and get settled*
Schedule for the Day:
- 9am check in and introductions
- 9:30 Playful Practice for kids of all ages
- 10:30 Break
- 10:45-12:30pm Discussion: Why, Where, and How to get yoga to kids. The research and the recommendations.
- 12:30-1:30pm Networking Lunch
- 1:30-4:30pm Creating yoga and mindfulness practices for kids of all ages. Participants will come away with a manual full of options for creating simple breathing, movement and mindfulness activities for kids, as well as teach a full kids class.
- 4:30-5:30pm Afternoon movement and meditation
- 5:30-6pm Close