Do ever stop in your tracks and just stand in awe? Does it take your breath away in those moments when you realize that you are living in a vehicle that is nothing short of a miracle?
Every day, I get to work at the best job ever invented. My job is to remind people how amazing their bodies are. I make a living inspiring folks to take the best care possible of this ‘home for the soul’.
If you will humor me, I will share some of the nerdiness that lights me up and makes my heart skip a beat.
Did you know…
- Your body is made up of ~100 trillion cells. They all came from the division of one single cell.
- Every minute, 300 million cells in your body die.
- You produce ~300 billion new cells every day. Your body is constantly repairing and rebuilding.
- Your heart pumps ~8,000 liters of blood around your body every single day, through 60,000 miles of veins and capillaries.
- Your eyes can differentiate between more than seven million colors.
- Your skin has thousands of sensors that detect sensations and relay information to the brain.
- Your lungs have a surface area the size of a tennis court.
- You take ~17,000 breaths a day, and don’t have to think about a single one of them. Unless of course you’re a yogi 🙂
- Your fingerprints are your own unique bar code indicating the true miracle you are.
Take a moment to stop in your tracks, take a deep breath, feel the temperature of air on your skin, smell, taste, and marvel. YOU are a miracle.