“As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
What’s on the list of things you HAVE to experience before you die? Better yet…is there something you would really, really love to do before this year is over. Before your next birthday. Before you turn 40. For example, I’m going skydiving on my 50th birthday. Having a goal, a BIG event ahead of you will get you out of bed and to the gym even on those days when it’s easy to talk your self out of going. Today, I asked the people in my morning Power Sculpt class to weigh in with what’s on their list. What gets them to the gym on the hard days.
Here are some of their answers…
- I will do 6 pull ups when I am 60 years old. ~Criss
- I will go on an African Safari before I am 60. ~Rhonda
- I will get back to my pre-pregnancy shape and feel confident in a two-piece. ~Sarah
- I will run the Jungfrau marathon before I’m 40. ~Kelly
- I will get rid of the cottage cheese on my butt. ~Deborah
- I will be THE HEALTHY GRANDMA someday. ~Amanda
- I will do my first triathlon. ~Amber
- I will walk across the group X room on my hands by my 50th birthday. ~Jane
- I will run a ½ marathon by the age of 36. ~April
- I will run 6 miles (a 10k) this year. ~Cruze
- I will have 6-pack abs in 6 months with Denise’s help. ~Charlene
- I will do a marathon by the time I’m 40. ~Vickie
- I will run the Ragnar in June 2010. ~Hollie
- I will do the “crow” pose in yoga. ~Diana
- I will ride or run in a real race by the age of 30. ~Krista
- I will climb Mt. Olympus this year. ~Sarah
- I will do the Disneyland ½ marathon by age 35. ~Natalie
- I will play in an AVP qualifier. ~Helen
- I will wear a bikini at age 50. ~Deb
- I will run 6 different races on 6 different islands in my 60s (this year). ~Janet
- Anonymous answers:
- I will appear shirtless with a ripped 6-pack in a leading role of a studio feature film.
- (that’s what I’m talking about!)
- I will do a century (ride 100 miles on a bike in one day) this year!
- I will run a half marathon in the next year.
- I will do my age in push ups…at age 43!
- I will ski and snowboard equally as well in the back country.
- I will workout through my next pregnancy.
- I will go to a nude beach.
- I will have rock hard abs!
- I will lose 15 pounds by July 1.
Reading their answers gives me goose bumps. I hope they will inspire you to come up with your own fitness bucket list. And please share it with us in the comment section below. Then lace up, suit up and let’s get going!